COVID19: Kirkennan is 'Good to Go'...
What we are doing
We want you to have a relaxing holiday at Kirkennan and are working towards keeping our cottages as homely as possible whist making a few adjustments to ensure your and our safety. We all have responsibilities to ensure our own and our communities well-being in these difficult times. The actions we have taken are intended to minimise risk without compromising guest comfort and safety or going against our environmental principles and are based on Government of Scotland guidance and the Association of Scottish Self-Caterers Cleaning Protocol and the training based on these protocols provided by Landlord's Little Helper. We are also certified Good to Go by Visit Scotland.
The key steps we are taking are:
- Removal of items that will not compromise guest comfort e.g, bedspreads and bed cushions
- A two stage changeover process of CLEANING followed by DISINFECTING for any changeover with a gap of less than 72 hours
- Rotating items e.g. duvets, pillows, cushions, guest instructions and comment books, jars containing coffee, tea etc so guests do not use ones used by others within 72 hours
- Greeting guests by phone rather than in person
- Maintaining 2m distance from guests whilst in Estate gardens and woodland
- Changing the fastening on the gate into the woodland so it can be opened with one protected hand.
- Shared facilities such as the riverside hut and the bird hide restricted to one cottage use at a time with hand sanitiser provided.
You can find more detailed information on what we are doing using the following links
- Our risk assessment
- Our risk assessment of transmission from surfaces
- Our changeover protocol.
- The disinfectant we have chosen which is environmentally friendly.
We all have responsibilities to ensure our own and our communities well-being in these difficult times. The Scottish Government has produced guidance for hospitality guests which can be found at:
The key points pertinent to your visit to Kirkennan are as follows:
- It is your responsibility to keep up to date with and follow Scottish Government advice including with regards to number of households and or people who can stay in a holiday cottage together. At the current moment this is a maximum of 6 people (not counting children under 12) from up to 2 households. An extended household counts as one household (but do check the formal definition of extended household).
- You should not visit Kirkennan if you or members of your party are unwell or or symptomatic – please check with NHS Inform if you are unsure or need further advice. You are advised to take out insurance to cover you in case you are not able to travel.
- Whilst on holiday stay in your own household group, observing physical distancing guidelines at all times, and do not let children or dogs wander off and mix with others
- Follow normal hygiene protocol with regards to washing hands, using tissues and catching coughs and sneezes. Please use the hand sanitiser provided if using the bird hide or riverside hut.
If you or a member of your party develops symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay (a new continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change in taste and smell), it is important that you let us know as soon as possible and follow government guidance - there is also a copy in the holiday cottages.
- You are expected to follow the specific instructions we have developed to ensure we can operate safely in the current climate. Whilst with current infection rates it is unlikely that individuals at Kirkennan will be carrying the virus but for the safety of you, subsequent guests and us we have to operate as though this is a possibility.
- On leaving remove any duvet covers, pillow cases and sheets you have used and place them in the bag(s) provided (please leave pillow protectors and mattress covers in place, we will remove these). [i]
- On arrival you will find clean crockery, glasses and cutlery within the dishwasher – these will not have been touched by anyone else and are safe to use immediately. If you wish to use any additional items from the cupboards it is recommended you wash them first in hot soapy water, or put them through the dishwasher.[ii]
- The last time you use the dishwasher fill any extra space with crockery, glasses and cutlery and leave the clean items in the dishwasher after use.
- If you use any games or books please place them in the quarantine box in the kitchen so we know to remove them
- On leaving remove all your rubbish and place it in bags in the outside bin.
- On leaving please open windows so the rooms are aired before the cleaners enter.
If we have to cancel your holiday because we are not allowed to open, or you are not allowed to travel due to government instructions, or because we have had a known COVID case in the cottage within 72 hours of your arrival we will refund in full.
If you have any questions or concerns about your holiday please feel free to get in touch.
[i] People can shed the virus before they show symptoms and removing bed covering can shake the virus into the air so removing bed coverings that have been used by someone else is identified as a high risk activity to be avoided.
No longer present
Paper & Tissue
Wood, cloth and cardboard